By Jamie Kurtz,Brian Wortman
The ASP.NET MVC Framework has continuously been an exceptional platform on which to enforce REST-based providers, however the advent of the ASP.NET net API Framework raised the bar to an entire new level.
Now in unlock model 2.1, the net API Framework has developed right into a robust and refreshingly usable platform. This concise booklet offers technical history and assistance that would provide help to top use the ASP.NET net API 2 Framework to construct world-class relaxation services.
New content material during this variation includes:
- New functions in internet API 2 (currently model 2.1).
- Support for partial updates, or PATCH.
- API versioning.
- Support for legacy SOAP-based operations.
- How to address non-resource APIs utilizing REST
- How to most sensible divulge relationships among resources
- JSON internet Tokens, CORS, CSRF
Get prepared for authors Jamie Kurtz and Brian Wortman to take you from 0 to relaxation carrier hero very quickly in any respect. No earlier adventure with ASP.NET net API is needed; all internet API-related ideas are brought from easy rules and constructed to the purpose the place you should use them in a construction method. a superb operating wisdom of C# and the .NET Framework are the one must haves to most sensible make the most of this book.
What youll learn
- Introduction to the remainder architecture
- How to layout a relaxation API
- New features in ASP.NET internet API 2
- Understanding ASP.NET internet API controller activation
- Automatic lifetime administration for database connections and transactions
- Using NHibernate with ASP.NET internet API
- Easily safe a relaxation provider, utilizing standards-based authentication and authorization and JSON internet Tokens
- Supporting legacy cleaning soap callers with ASP.NET internet API
- How to show relationships among resources
- Supporting partial source updates less than REST
- Web API versioning
Who this booklet is for
Intermediate point builders in .NET, leisure, C#
Read or Download ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish PDF
Similar microsoft programming books
Home windows cellphone eight Recipes is a problem-solution dependent consultant to the home windows cellphone eight platform. Recipes are grouped in keeping with positive factors of the platform and methods of interacting with the machine. suggestions are given in C# and XAML, so that you can take your current . web talents and observe them to this fascinating new enterprise.
Seasoned trade 2013 SP1 PowerShell management is your one-stop source for either uncomplicated and complex management of alternate Server 2013 carrier Pack 1 and trade on-line, Microsoft's best-selling hosted alternate provider. The shift that's at the moment taking place towards ‘the cloud’ isn't just approximately web hosting your functions elsewhere.
No matter what model of home windows you’re using--from Vista as much as home windows eight. 1--the registry is on the center of your machine event. software program installs and compatibility, operation and extra are controlled by way of a posh database of codes and numbers. whilst anything is going fallacious it will possibly look most unlikely to diagnose and service the matter, and tougher nonetheless to avoid a recurrence or make the sophisticated alterations and tweaks required to mend the matter.
Leisure Apps at the pick home windows 10 lets you unharness the leisure strength of your home windows 10 laptop, pill, or phone—or any mix of the 3! the right way to movement video clips and television indicates, deal with your media assortment, buy new media, and add your track assortment to the cloud.
- Windows Virus and Malware Troubleshooting
- Professional Visual Studio 2012
- Artificial Intelligence for .NET: Speech, Language, and Search: Building Smart Applications with Microsoft Cognitive Services APIs
- Beginner's Guide to C# Programming: A Practical Approach in Visual Studio
- Entertainment Apps on the Go with Windows 10: Music, Movies, and TV for PCs, Tablets, and Phones
Additional resources for ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish
ASP.NET Web API 2: Building a REST Service from Start to Finish by Jamie Kurtz,Brian Wortman